Here are some of our top photography picks for Amazon prime day 2022, we will keep this post updated as the event goes on so keep checking back for the best Prime Day Photography deals!
Note the prices below do not update in real time, so click to see the current price.
Hard drives / Storage
Cameras / Lenses
What is Amazon Prime Day?
First launched in July 2015 to celebrate the 20th anniversary of Amazon’s inception, Amazon Prime Day is a 2 day festival of sales across a wide range of products, although many are focused on electronics and technology.
The 2015 iteration was such a success that Amazon brought it back the next year, and the year after that. Each year has been bigger and better than the last and it’s become a major talking point in the shopping calendar.
To get access to the Amazon Prime Day sales users must be signed up to Amazon Prime, an annual subscription plan that gives you access to free Prime delivery, Prime TV, Prime Music and more.
Dont have Prime? Sign up HERE and get 30 DAY FREE TRAIL!
How does Amazon Prime Day work?
You need to be a member of Amazon Prime to get access to the Prime Day deals. Once you are it’s all very simple.
Amazon Prime Day deals are split into two categories:
- Longer deals that last for the entire day (or longer)
- Lightning Deals, which activate throughout the day and only run for a limited length of time and / or stock.
All you need to do is keep an eye out for the sales and then stay alert!
Tips for finding the best Amazon Prime Day deals
Consumerism is powerful, and Amazon Prime Days frenetic Lightning Deals and limited stock feed into the dreaded FOMO of the sale shopper.
- Start with a list – What do you actually want to buy? Be specific, record the price before Amazon Prime Day and try to stick to your guns. It’s like heading to the store with a shopping list compared to heading there after not eating all day…
- Set a budget – If you have a strict budget you’re much less likely to go off-piste and blow it all on something you don’t really need.
- Join the waiting list – Some of the more popular Lightning Deals can sell out incredibly quickly, but that’s not always the end. If something you want to buy has sold out you can join the waiting list and you’ll be alerted if it goes back on sale.
- Compare prices – Despite the name, Amazon Prime Day isn’t all about Amazon. Some major retailers try to stake a claim to their market share by matching Amazon’s prices, so make sure to check around before hitting that buy button.
- Check upcoming deals in the morning – The quickfire Lightning Deals often leave shoppers with no time to think. If you check the upcoming Lightning Deals first thing in the morning you can take your time researching and then you’ll know if you want to make the purchase by the time the sale starts.
- Check back here – We’ll be updating this page with all our favourite Amazon Prime Day photography deals, so don’t be a stranger!
Amazon Prime Day photography deals 2022
While Black Friday and Cyber Monday generally offer a broad range of departments and offers, Amazon Prime Day tends to hone in on the technology and electronics areas.
This is especially true for their own devices, with products such as the Kindle, Amazon Echo, Fire TV Stick and Ring Doorbell receiving the biggest discounts. In fact, if you want one of Amazon’s devices you’re unlikely to find a better price than on Prime Day.
Other heavily discounted areas include laptops, TVs and headphones, but photography equipment isn’t neglected. However, if you’re looking to upgrade your post-processing workstation or add an external hard drive to your kit, now is the time!
Please note we get a small commissions for purchases made through links in this post.
Whilst you are hear, you could also check out our website, if you are look for wedding photography!